It will be all worth it

It will be all worth it.



Why would you spend that much time and money for a stupid fish?
You don’t see any other kids driving around the state by themselves to fish every weekend, why don’t you just start being normal?
Why does it matter?


These questions have been asked and my answers have thousands of hours, thousands of days, blood sweat and tears all backed behind them. My answer is “I only get one life to do as much as I love in this short period of time”. It’s the truth. Many people find excuses for the truth but it is what it is. If I must face death one day, I’d rather have the most completed resume with things I love. We all die, that’s the truth, but its our job to pack as many good people, good times, and best of memories in it.

I fish because that’s my life dream. I’m not in it for the fame but rather the ability to be remembered. I want to improve myself and innovate the sport and then one day pass my knowledge down. Fly fishing to me is happiness. I don’t have enough time to be sad in this world so why not make it full of happy things? Money goes a long way, but so does happiness. I hope to find the ability in the future to keep a healthy ratio of work to play because fishing makes me the happiest man alive.

I love beautiful things. In the world of fly fishing, the beauty is endless. Trout, Steelhead and along with many other species I target, live in the most beautiful places in this world. Every time I look up from the water I always find myself stunned by the beauty in these places. Even the fish are beautiful. Every fish has is own unique characteristic. A lot of people see a gross slimy fish but I see the characteristics that make it different. The hues of fish are amazing. Small specks of blues and reds on steelhead, some species like bass have very rich green colors, other fish like pumpkins seeds’ have blue tints along with a very rich orange color. The scenery along with the fish make this sport endlessly beautiful.

One day I want to show my son or daughter that through a stick and a string we can teach our selves discipline and grace. One day I will have my kid by my side on a river and I will see myself through them. That’s all I want out of all these hours of fly fishing, the ability to learn, teach, and then make a difference. My life goal is not to be a big shot fly fisherman, that shits over rated but instead my goal is to one day die happy knowing that I my provided my kids with the knowledge and guidance to live a successful and happy life and to take fishing as a path to success either it be a hobby or a career, then I would have lived my life goal.

528

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flow like The River

A Day on the River

The River Experience