What boat to get

      In fishing you can only walk so far and risk your life crossing deep water so many times before you start wanting a boat. Something about the ability to cover water and not have to worry about if the water is too deep to get to. What interest me the most is the ability to change up what ive been doing, I wad fish SOO much that a little change would be an awesome change of pace. Me personally I've always wanted a boat but never needed one badly enough to save all my money for one. Even though my knees are both torn, a little compression and those babies run like they burn diesel! Besides achy bones wading is how my fishing life tends to go unless one of my buddies with boats can fish. I just haven't felt it's time to get a boat till this year. 

This winter I almost died a watery death during a canoe accident and since then I've been a little hesitant to take out the ole' Sager Tooth Tiger. Should have remembered cats hate water before I gave it that name...hah..hah..ha....... The accident left me cautious with the canoe, I escaped a lot of deadly situations in the canoe and was due to either die in it, or almost die. Insanity is repeating the same thing expecting a different outcome so its time to change. This change hopefully has more positives than negatives.

I'm looking into buying a Jon boat. a 14-16ft Jon boat I can run up bigger rivers in search of Trout, Bass, musky, ect. I'm Estimate to have a decent chunk of cash after my buddy and I sell this AuSable river Canoe we have been bringing back to life the past year. So far looking in on cost, the boat itself without the motor will be around $750 and the motor will be ranging for $600-$2000 depending on what I choose to get. It’s a big investment but I'm ready to expand my horizons and become a man on the water. 

My other options are a drift boat, raft, or hybred Drift boat/V- boat mix but all these options are little more pricy. Most drift boats worth the money can range 4000-10000 and I just don't have that kind of cash to blow. I’ll continue to be looking around, hopefully I can manage the funds and commit to one. 


Comments

  1. Good luck in your search! Jon boats are definitely good boats to fish fish from.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flow like The River

A Day on the River

The River Experience