Do it your way



Fly fishing wears the same waders

Fly fishing wears the same jacket

Fly fishing wears the same Buff

Fly fishing fishes the same rod 

Fly fishing only fishes when its peak season

Fly fishing dumps the boat in at 7PM and rows down to the still water just to sit on a fish just before ten other boats come down at 9 to see another guy beat them there

Fly fishing believes that only certain sections have big fish

Fly fishing is Scared of doing something new

****************************************


Fly fishing is my life. There is nothing I would rather do than beat the living shit out of my wading boots and get myself into some hell just to hopefully trick a fish into eating my fly, then poking him with a hook and then scooping him with a janky green net my father passed down to me, then release this beautiful fish just to experience that one more time.

I'm out there to see things with my own eyes. What I see, is what I retain as experience. Other people's words could lead me future experience and success but doesn't grant me the know how, that's up to me to go in search of. Advice is a lead, and from there it's up to you to take that lead and make it an experience. There is different ways of using advice. People will give advice on certain fishing programs and the student will copy the program, then change a thing or two and claim it as their own. Though that's safe, and easy that is the wrong way to use advice. Advice is given as a gift to a angler to use in his own adventures. Advice should be used to erase the idea of going in blindly. New water shouldn't be looked at with fear but instead the idea of a series of blank canvases. No one to piss off, no way to go but UP.  Walk the miles, spend the hours, observe, make mistakes and refine. With that, you'll grow as a fisherman. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flow like The River

A Day on the River

The River Experience