just thinking

I'm in a troubling place in my life. The past two weeks have been pretty tough to be honest. Its just a  cycle I haven't been tuned to in a while. I wake up to no texts, work/go to school periodically check my phone to see the same, Go work out till 2 am in the morning to burn time with little hope of a convo. Its a lot of small things I just realized how tuned I became to. Don't get me wrong, i'm content with myself but even after hours of walking in by myself on the river, its nice to talk about the day and reflect on everything. Its always been a big part of my growth was to really recap what happened. I wouldn't even say I have a lack of friends because that would be a lie, I have some of the best friends a man could ask for. I just think I got to utilize my time on me and count my blessings and not what i'm missing.

I want to take up singing, been doing a lot of it and getting better. Im mostly working on control and practicing using my voice as a form of music. Far from great or even good, but i'm bad enough that I cant get any worse at least! Hoping to buy an acoustic, I have my modified Squire Strat and been playing that a lot lately and its just such a bad ass guitar, I just would have a tough time getting rid of it. But i've been playing it for so long I feel it's limiting me to new sounds, new ideas, a new start. Leaning towards the soulful country stuff lately, and the electric just doesn't give that gritty sound I want like the acoustic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flow like The River

A Day on the River

The River Experience